DM Cantor is one of the top-rated DUI Lawyer and Criminal Defense Law Firms in Arizona. David Michael Cantor has an AV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell and is a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist (one of 3 criminal law specialists in the firm – the most of any law firm in Arizona).
We are the ONLY firm in Maricopa county which has attorneys Board Certified as Criminal Law Specialists, and in DUI Defense Law. * **
David M. Cantor is highly experienced at successfully defending all aspects of vehicular criminal law – including felony crimes and misdemeanor charges of DUI or DWI, vehicular manslaughter, aggressive driving, reckless driving, unlawful flight from police, hit and run, and other vehicular-related crimes.
DM Cantor handles Criminal DUI and vehicular crime defense cases in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, Glendale, Goodyear, Chandler, Gilbert, Fountain Hills, Buckeye, Avondale, Paradise Valley, Peoria, Surprise, Sun City, El Mirage and all courts in the Phoenix Metro area and throughout the State of Arizona.
About David Michael Cantor – Voted a Top Rank Phoenix DUI Lawyer.
- Certified Criminal Law Specialist since 1999 – per the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization
- AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers® – Criminal Trial Section
- Voted Nation’s Top 1% Attorney by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Voted Top 10 Attorney National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Voted Top 10 DWI/DUI Law Firm by American Institute of DWI/DUI Attorneys
- Voted Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the American Trial Lawyers Association® 2007, 2011 – 2015
- Voted Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyer by the American Society of Legal Advocates® 2014
- Voted 10.0 Superb Rating for Criminal Defense on AVVO
- Voted #1 in DUI Defense (2020) by Ranking Arizona
- Voted Superior DUI Attorney by National Advocacy for DUI Defense
- Received Client Satisfaction Award by American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys 2014 & 2015
- Voted the only Arizona Lawyer listed in the inaugural Southwest Super Lawyers® publication for Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- Former City of Phoenix Assistant City Prosecutor
- Instructed the Fourth Annual DUI Conference for Judges
- Former Trial Instructor at the Phoenix Police Academy
- Former Instructor at the Arizona MVD Hearing Office Teaching Administrative Law Judges
- Member of the National College for DUI Defense
- National Executive Committee Member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America; Criminal Law Section (1999 – 2000)
- Member of the Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Maricopa County Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Foundation
- Life Member National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Life Member Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Lifetime Charter Member Best Attorneys of America
- Charter Member of Trial Masters
- Founding Member of American Association of Premier DUI Lawyers
- Assistant Wrestling Coach at Chaparral High School
- Board Member ASU Sun Devil Wrestling Inner Circle
- Past Executive Board Member of Home Base Youth Services
- Co-Founder of Firebird Wrestling Club
David Michael Cantor is also a member of Cantor Law Group, PLLC (a separate and distinct law firm which emphasizes only Family Law).
Some of David Michael Cantor’s high profile cases include the dismissal with prejudice of capital murder charges (on the eve of trial) against Lisa Randall, a grandmother and daycare provider falsely accused of killing a baby in her care; the Michael Gherman Wal-Mart double capital murder trial; the rejection of criminal charges against Valinda Jo Elliott (the woman who became lost in the forest and set a signal fire which ultimately became the Rodeo-Chediski fire – burning more than five hundred thousand (500,000) acres and four hundred and forty (440) homes); the dismissal of charges against Richard Simmons (who was accused of slapping a rather large “cage fighter” that was taunting Mr. Simmons at the Sky Harbor Airport); and the declining of filing charges against Sgt. Patrick Haab (an off-duty Army Reservist who took seven (7) illegal immigrants into custody at gunpoint because they had charged at him from the desert, at night, near a local highway rest stop). In addition, David has represented numerous professional athletes in high profile cases such as Michael Beasley (NBA basketball player for the Phoenix Suns and Miami Heat), Brittney Griner (WNBA basketball player for the Phoenix Mercury) and B.K. Kim (MLB baseball player for the Arizona Diamondbacks).
The David Michael Cantor Defense Team takes pride in being knowledgeable in all areas of forensic sciences. This includes DNA technology; Computer Forensics; Latent Fingerprint technology; Ballistics; Drug Recognition technology; Serology and Bodily Fluids testing; Blood, Breath and Urine Alcohol testing methods; Gas Chromatography and Infra-Red Mass-Spectrometry. In addition, the Cantor Criminal Defense Team has an extensive law library with research materials regarding FBI, Department of Public Safety, State and Local Police investigation manuals.
The Lawyers at DM Cantor take pride in knowing more about the matters of Arizona DUI defense than the prosecution and police officers. Our best ranked DUI Attorney in Phoenix has the necessary experience and proven trial records to successfully defend your freedom against the lifelong consequences of a DUI, DWI or Extreme DWI conviction.
If you’ve been charged with any DUI, Extreme DUI (DWI) or Super Extreme DUI (DWI) related crime in Arizona, your best chance to achieve a successful defense is to hire an experienced team of DUI Lawyers to represent you that is “Beyond Aggressive”.
The State of Arizona is serious about DUI and DWI enforcement and imposes strict penalties. Arizona is well known for having some of the strictest DUI laws across the country. If you have been charged or convicted of driving under the influence; or driving while intoxicated, you can not afford to take your chance with a law firm that has a lesser track record than DM Cantor.
If you are looking for information on the different types of DUI / DWI crimes, be sure to read our DUI / DWI Penalties page to educate yourself on the Arizona DUI laws and penalties.
What Is Your Future Worth To You? Contact DM Cantor today at 602-560-4004 or Contact Us Today for a FREE DUI, DWI or Extreme DWI Case Consultation. If you need immediate 24 hour DUI help, please call our offices at the same number (602) 560-4004.
For more information about DMCantor, please refer to our main criminal defense website.
* Per the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization in Criminal Law – David Michael Cantor, Christine Whalin, Joey Hamby
** Per the National College for DUI Defense, a certification recognized by the American Bar Associations – Michael Alarid III