If you, or someone you know, has been charged with an Aggravated DUI with Child in Car (A.R.S. §28-1383), you are facing penalties that go beyond potentially losing your child if you are in a custody battle or are currently sharing custody. The financial hit you could take is a hefty one and you can expect jail time. An Aggravated DUI with Child in Car is a felony and occurs when you are convicted with a DUI and have a child under the age of 15 in your vehicle. Watch the video to learn more about what can happen if you are found guilty.
If you are facing an Aggravated DUI with Child in Car, you should know that if you choose to navigate the legal waters alone, you’re facing mandatory jail time and strict penalties that can follow you for a long time, if not your entire life. If charged you are facing the following:
- 10-45 days in jail, depending upon severity of DUI (up to $3,700)
- Counseling (up to $585 for 36 hours)
- Fines (in excess of $3,500 plus surcharges)
- Loss of driver’s license for a year
- Two years of having an ignition interlock device (up to $1,200 a year)
- Providing an SR22 document to your auto insurance ($500)
- Substantial increase in auto insurance around $3,000 for the next three years
- Job loss, depending upon career
- Loss of voting and gun rights
- Total cost of between $4,000 to $26,000 depending upon BAC
There are several defenses that DMCantor can, and have, used in order to help defendants who have been in the same or similar situation.
Looking for an Aggravated DUI defense attorney in Arizona? Call us now at 602-307-0808 or fill out the online form to get immediate help. David Michael Cantor is a Phoenix attorney and a Certified Criminal Law Specialist, per the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization. In addition, the Firm and all of its lawyers are listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers®. We’ll know how to handle your case professionally; the majority of our attorneys are ex-prosecutors who know the system well.
[Total: 0 Average: 0]