If you, or someone you know, has been charged with a Third Offense Regular DUI (A.R.S. §28-1381 (A)(1)), the prosecutor could easily charge you with a First Offense Felony, Aggravated DUI. In addition, the financial hit you could take is a hefty one and you can expect jail time. A Third Offense Regular DUI is when you have been operating a vehicle with a .149 Blood Alcohol Level (BAC) or less and this is a your third conviction or if you have had two prior DUI convictions within the past seven years. Watch the video below to learn what some of your options may be.
If you are facing a Third Offense Regular DUI charge, you should know that if you choose to navigate the legal waters alone, you’re facing four months in prison, as well as steep monetary charges that can follow you for a long time, if not your entire life. If charged you are facing the following:
- 180 days in jail, if convicted of a misdemeanor ($14,500)
- Counseling (up to $585 for 36 hours)
- Fines (in excess of $3,500 plus surcharges)
- Loss of driver’s license for a year
- One year of having an ignition interlock device (up to $1,200 a year)
- Providing an SR22 document to your auto insurance ($500)
- Substantial increase in auto insurance
- Job loss, depending upon career
There are several defenses that DMCantor can, and have, used in order to help defendants who have been in the same or similar situation.
Looking for a DUI/DWI defense attorney in Arizona? Call us now at 602-307-0808 or fill out the online form to get immediate help. David Michael Cantor is a Phoenix attorney and a Certified Criminal Law Specialist, per the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization. In addition, the Firm and all of its lawyers are listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers®. We’ll know how to handle your case professionally; the majority of our attorneys are ex-prosecutors who know the system well.